Well, after my slow start yesterday, I decided to make up for it and really get busy and have my (sometimes) weekly housecleaning and get laundry done in the meanwhile. Everything went super for about 2 hours. I mean I was kicking tail, cleaning this-a-way and that-a-way. It was like the Tasmanian Devil with just a flurry of cleaned-up dust behind me. In my little method, I clean every room up and then vacuum and mop at the end and on this particular day, I had saved the bathroom for last. And in the bathroom, I always, always clean the toilet last. So, I had scrubbed the whole bathroom and all I had left was vacuuming and mopping the house. Well, I decided since I was kicking tail so well and a movin' and a groovin' that I would put the new toilet seat on to surprise DH. He really doesn't like the toilet 'cause it's kind of old, but I do 'cause, honey, the old one's got the flush. I just can't stand new toilets with those EPA flushes. If I'm willing to pay for the darn water, why can't I have one the flushes my crap clean. Anyway, I digress. So, I got busy. Unscrewed the old lid. Cleaned real good under it. All was going well. Then, I spotted some POD (Previous Owner's Dirt) at the back of the toilet between the tank and the bowl. So, I start my scrubbing back. Honey, I promise you I just touched some ol' screw back there and water starts dripping out! After a moment of confusion, I realize I must have knocked it a little loose. So, I tighten it up. Big mistake! The more I tighten, the more water starts coming out. Before I know it, water is all over the floor and coming out faster than ever. Girl, I dive to shut the water off, sprint for those towels, and a cup and a pitcher to bail water, and scream at DD, who chose that moment to be hungry (I had fed her breakfast at 11:50, what was she thinking?), for her to get in there and eat absolutely anything she wanted as long as I didn't have to open it or cook it (which, of course, meant I had to take a full 3 minutes to teach her where the snack drawer is although she gets food out of it all day long every single day). I figured out that the screw connecting the tank to the bowl has this plastic washer inside the tank and when I touched this plastic washer, it disintegrated. Yes, making the water come out even faster. So, I'm bailing out the water in the tank, honey, like nobody's business. I could now have a water-bailing career. I am thinking good grief, maybe the dirt-people (environmentalists) are right. These tanks hold ALOT of water. A few moments later I realize, I had turned the knob the wrong way and the water was STILL ON! Aaaaagh!!!! Now, keep in mind a couple of things: 1) we only have 1 bathroom, 2) this was the 2nd day of my I'm-gonna-drink-more-water-and-get-healthy kick. As I'm getting to the end of the water finally, I am about to pop and realize I was a complete idiot for not going one last time before bailing the water out and, hey, I could have cut the water off before it filled all the way back up. Then, DD comes in and swears up and down she has to go peepee right then. After going through three different containers, I find one that will finish catching the water and take her outside. So, she and I go stomping through the yard with her in her nightgown and a roll of toilet paper. And . . . you guessed it. She did not have to go! Why, oh why, are kids like this?
So, to make a very long story short, I learned the hard way the con of only having one bathroom and am very grateful that I live next-door to my sister. Thanks for the access, Jac! (And thanks to her DH who picked up the toilet for us and helped with everything!) And we have a brand new toilet that doesn't flush worth a flip and DH had to put it in while missing the basketball games he had been looking forward to. Surprise, Rhett darling, you had to save me again!
I better go. Gotta clean the whole bathroom again. Yea.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


2 comments:
I am so sorry about your dissater! What a day you had! So, how did your roast turn out?
Well, my roast was absolutely delicious at about 9:00 that night. I guess it had plenty of time to cook after all. All that panicking for nothing. :) Oh, and I realized that I forgot to mention that we had to get a whole new toilet because Rhett (DH) cracked the tank when trying to replace the deteriorated washers.
Post a Comment