
Yea! I finally figured out how to do pictures!Have you ever, ever seen a floor so nasty? The right hand side of the first picture is what the entire kitchen floor of our new/old house looked like. Actually, I had already cleaned the worst of it before I took a picture. Check out the brushes. The one on the bottom originally looked like the one on top!!! I cannot get over that. The first half of the floor took those bristles down to a nub! And that is a tile & grout brush. The bristles are so stiff you can barely move them with your finger. The whole floor deal was rather depressing. I could only do a small patch at a time because it hurt my body so bad. Then, I would ache for several days afterward---my knees, wrists, arms, hands, back. It just made me sick that I couldn't whip it all out in one day and that my family was having to live on this nastiness. But looking back on that brush, no wonder I was hurting so bad. Dang! That was one dirty floor! It also makes me sick that the people before us lived on that floor for two years!!!Yuck! I am telling y'all the picture doesn't do it justice. It wasn't just the grout. There was a half-inch layer of grime on the tiles too.
Now, here's the problem. I think I know the culprit of the floor. There is this tree right out back, leaning over our house. It has these little red berry-looking buds on it that are everywhere outside. All over the ground right outside the entrances. If one berry-bud thing gets in the house and lays on the grout, it leaves a grey stain on the grout. So, I don't think this is over yet and I'm outside all the time like a sweeping maniac trying to keep them from tracking in the house. My neighbors probably think I'm OCD. Hey, these buds may make me OCD. I nevah-evah want to clean that floor again like that. But, don't worry. I will win. DH is cutting the tree down this spring! Ha! Take that, you berry-buds! I don't even know what kind of tree it is, but I do NOT care if it is the prettiest tree on the planet. That baby is going down!
I'll tell y'all about my Target deals later!
Mama Said


2 comments:
Atta girl!! Way to conquer that grout!! It looks great! Will you come do mine next?
Love, Mel
No, come to my house first!! :)
LOL!!
Seriously, it looks great, and I know how hard you worked on it. It makes you feel good to see such tale-telling results, doesn't it?
Post a Comment