I'm starting to get just a little embarrassed going to Publix.
We go once a week . . . sometimes twice . . .
Everyone knows us. Okay, all the people who pass out samples know us.
Which is kind of the embarrassing part.
And no matter how hard I try to not go at lunch when they put out the samples, that's when I end up there. And, of course, we haven't eaten lunch so we're scarfing down the samples. I just know it looks like I take her there for her lunch just like my dad used to do with us at Sam's.
We were a mess when we went in today! We had gotten cups of fake dippin' dots at the grocery outlet for 10 cents each and had eaten them face first in the car. BFG nose and cheeks were brown and sticky. It kind of looked like dirt though. So, who knows what we looked like!
We go straight for her free cookie from the same woman who always gives it to her week after week. We dive into some chocolate eclair cake samples and were literally licking the little cups until I got chocolate on my nose and chin. We finished up our rounds with BFG hollering out, "Mom, did we hit the jackpot?" and "More food! More food!"
Hmmm . . . maybe we should lay low for awhile.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment