Thursday, December 4, 2008

You Know You're A Grown-up When . . .

you have to hold the "cup" under your child to collect a urine sample while trying every trick your own mama ever used on you to try to get her to "go". It's just one of those "Oh-my-gosh-I-am-actually-a-mom!" moments that give me a momentary somersault of the brain and a huge gulp in my throat.


Or in Rhett's case . . .

When you realize you have accidentally locked the cat (you didn't want) in your car for almost 24 hours and you have to clean up the cat poop and pee while your eyes are watering and you're gagging at the smell.


Or in BFG's case . . .

You know you're on your way to being a grown-up when you have to wrangle a big kid down to the floor to get your toy back at story hour.

At the risk of sounding like a terrible mother, I was so proud of her! I never would of thunk it! My shy gal had the spunk to not let this ----- (I don't want to be mean and I can't think of an appropriate word to use) run over her. Just to let you know the kind of kid we're talking about, the kid argued with me and I had to jerk the toy out of her hands!

Give ya' your jollies for the day?
Mama Said

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are too funny and have some of the weirdest things happen to ya'll. I can't help but laugh and thank God for such a hilarious friend!

Love ya,
KC

 

Made by Lena