Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We're baaaack!

Well, we made it back late Saturday night from FL. We somehow turned a 10 hour drive into a 15.5 hour drive. How does that always happen to us? It's like some big marriage test or something dating all the way back to our honeymoon when we turned an 8-hour leg of our trip home into 20 hours. Yeah, that was fun. It was way back when the DC Sniper was terrorizing everyone. We were completely stopped on the interstate in that area for hours. We convinced ourselves that the DC Sniper had struck again and the FBI was holding up traffic. I kept searching the hillsides for signs of a white van. It was crazy. Oh, yeah. And it was raining something awful for part of the 20 hours and somehow Rhett got this really weird leak in his car that ran from his front windshield to the backseat floorboards, which proceeded to flood with about 2 inches of water. Good times. Good times.

Yes, folks, that's the kind of trips we have. This one wasn't as bad. We just elected to take the backroads around Atlanta instead of sitting in traffic. It turned into an 4+ hour nightmare through highways of mist and fog and mislabelled highway signs. Ah, well. Praise the Lord we made it home.

I'll give ya'll the highlights just as soon as I can walk through my house again. (I will have victory over the Laundry Monster!!!!)
Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena