Monday, December 29, 2008

Where's the Puke Bucket?

Oh, I could just puke, puke, puke!!!

1) Yes, one week after spending 6 hours cleaning up after Mickey and his friends and having one week mouse po*p-free, po*p is back!!! Blech!!!! Luckily, I still have all my pots and pans stacked up everywhere in the house except under the cabinets, which has just been a blast during all the Christmas cooking let me tell ya'.

2) Oh my goodness!!! Rhett opened our electric bill last night. I didn't think it was too bad--$122, but he was upset pointing out how most of our stuff is gas. Well, I just opened our gas bill and sugar my muffins and call'em George, ya'll it was $354!!!!! That's a grand total of $476!!!!! Just for lights and heat!!!! I am so sick to my stomach over it. I'm telling ya'll 'cause Rhett's working today and I can't get him on the phone. Oh my gosh! Buying $30 worth of Yankee candles that I didn't need the other night is looking like a pretty dumb thing to do. Of course, I may be using them for heat now. This is going to be a hard-candy after-Christmas this year, which if you know me you know that after-Christmas sales are my thrill of the year. I guess I'm gonna be thrilling myself by rolling pennies with gloves on sitting on the couch wrapped up in a blanket and a ski hat for all of January to make up for for being toasty warm in Nov. and Dec. And who knows how cold it will be in Jan. and Feb. which is our typical cold weather months down here. We've already had incredibly cold spells even snow in Nov. and Dec. which just makes me want to shove my gas bill in Al Gore's face and scream that he's the inconvenient idiot!

Whew! I feel a little better getting all that out. I've got to get my heart rate and tummy under control and get this house picked up before Rhett gets home. The mess is driving us nuts and once he's home I get very little done.

Oh, well. Maybe now Rhett will actually do the weather stripping I've been begging for him to do.
Mama Said

***Update: Upon cleaning up the mouse po*p today, I feel a little better. One, there really was not much at all and no more than I had found a couple of days ago. Yes, I'm just now cleaning it 'cause we've been busy and I'm lazy. Under my cabinets, I noticed that what I thought was mouse po*p might actually be green sprinkles from the Walmart cookies we'd been eating. I was very excited at this possibility. I don't have cabinet doors, just curtains so in my house sprinkles could have very easily ended up there. However, I have some of those cookies left and compared the "sprinkles". Oops! It is mouse po*p. But my conclusion is that it was po*p from the mouse eating the poison! Yay! I really hope these suckers are dead and gone! BTW, never ever keep chocolate chips at the bottom of your pantry. I'd read mice really like chocolate and I'm convinced it's true. I know what's gonna be at the bottom of my pantry from now on: Poison, poison, poison!!!
I really hope that's the end of my mice stories. Aren't ya'll sick of reading about it? I probably don't have a single friend left who's willing to eat at my house.

2 comments:

Growing Hearts said...

Don't feel too bad. Our electric bill is $332. Everyone at Preach's family's Christmas was talking about how high their electric bills were (all over $300) and they all live in our area. I don't even think they are checking the meters. Preach's brother, J., who lives in that teeny tiny house with a wood stove said his electric bill was $140!! I know, though. It is so ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

I just got my electric bill today, and it was over $200! It's NEVER been even over $150, so I was shocked. I think TVA just majorly raised their rates, so that's part of it. I told my dad just yesterday - - "I don't want to be a grown up today!" ;)

- Em

 

Made by Lena