So, Ol' Rhett and I went out to eat last night. Kinda for his birthday and kinda because BFG was at the grandparents. Every place in town was crowded of course even at 7:45. So, we ended up at a little Chinese bistro that was not overly full.
I was excited to be out and eating good food. I had even worn a cute sundress for Pete's sake. And about 5 minutes after we sat down, a blast from the past sat down right next to us. Yup, this crazy psycho and his entire family including like his entire family from out of state. We know this guy through someone else. And although I did associate with his wife some years ago, I had a feeling (okay, I was praying) they wouldn't recognize us. I can't really explain, but this is a family we want NO contact with.
So, basically, Rhett's big night out was ruined. We kept our chins down, made no eye contact with them, refused to turn our heads in that direction. We talked in code. Of course, when I was saying grace, I kept accidentally saying Rhett's name to the point that I'm laughing hysterically and Rhett yells out "You're done!" I feel bad that I never finished saying grace. But at least they didn't hear us or the Lord answered the very first thing we prayed for.
After we escaped unnoticed, we came home (despite my attempts to get Rhett to go look at baby stuff with me.) Rhett had me pull around to the chicken coop so he could close it up. Well, unfortunately, a hen and the four guinea hens had roosted on top of the door. When Rhett tried to get them down, one of them po*ped on his head. The door came slamming down after that. Ooooh, Rhett was so mad! And, yes, I rolled down the car windows so that he could hear me laughing at him. It was funny in itself, but funnier because he doesn't lose his cool too often.
Still giggling,
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment