Monday, March 1, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday: Wheel Of Fortune!

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

Today I am revealing my Muffin Tin Secret--I often do not use a muffin tin! Several times a week, BFG gets a lunch that looks like this:


I got the idea of making the pyramid with the sandwich triangles from a deli's kid's meal. (Super easy: just cut the sandwich into the regular ol' triangles and stand them up with all the center points in the middle and touching the plate.) Then I realized that I had these awesome little spots to put the rest of her food and get the same effect of a muffin tin meal which she absolutely loves!


I've been doing this for probably like 6 months or more and she still loves it! The very first time I fixed it for her, she asked me what it was called. (Is that weird when your child thinks a meal should have a name?) So, I quickly called it The Wheel Of Fortune (one of her favorite shows). I had grand ideas of fixing one sometime in which the first letter of each of the foods would spell out a word. So far, my procrastinating tendencies have managed to keep that from happening. But wouldn't that be fun? It's still fun to even just have her figure out what letter each item starts with.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you what's in it: turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, strawberry, pretzels, and chocolate Teddy Grahams.

Happy Muffin Tin Monday!

Mama Said

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I like how the sanwiches create the dividers.

Kelly said...

It looks like a lot of fun, especially when they want their foods separated.

Mariah said...

Great, creative lunch!

Michele said...

That's cute, very creative.

LeAnn said...

Out of all the years I have been making sandwiches, I have never done nor seen this! How cool! And I love "The Wheel of fortune". So creative!

w said...

love it! so clever! and it looks delish.

Erica said...

Very clever! I love presenting food in a fun and creative manner.

 

Made by Lena