My name is Mama Said and I'm a magazine addict!!!
There's only one problem with this addiction (well, maybe more than one . . .)---
I rarely read them!
So, I've got at least 50 or so magazines stacked up around my house that I still have not read.
With more coming every month . . .
Um, yeah. I don't even know how many I'm subscribed to. Here's the ones I can name off the top of my head: Family Circle, Better Homes and Gardens, Southern Living, Country Living, Reader's Digest, Family Fun, Scrapbooks Etc, Rachael Ray, Good Housekeeping, The Old Schoolhouse . . . .
Ya' know, it's just a funny thing whenever you move . . .
all those sweet little magazine companies just send you the best deals on subscriptions! You just can't pass them up. Seriously, you just can't. And my in-laws keep sending me gift subscriptions. I'm not sure why. I'm sure they can't tell I like magazines or anything.
Anyway, I want to read them. Really I do.
I even envision myself reading them. Daily, I picture myself kicked back leisurely perusing my magazines.
I have full intentions of reading every single one cover to cover.
But I'm kinda getting a sinking little feeling that it's not gonna happen. And I really need space on my bookshelf for the 5,000 books I unpacked this weekend.
I've been trying to do better. I'm not renewing alot of them.
But what do I do with this huge stack? I paid for these! I feel obligated to read them!
However, that is exactly why they are weighing me down. A big part of me wants to be free of them. Just toss them and never look back!
But what about when Rhett's grandparents ask me if I've been reading the Reader's Digest they give me every year as a gift? Do I tell them I only read one issue all of last year? Do I skim them as I'm tossing them and answer yes? Aaaagh!
Needing encouragement to make the toss,
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


1 comment:
Why are you not sending some my way?? LOL!
For the gift subscriptions....read one, so when someone asks you if you are reading them, you can say yes.
These are the ones you should keep: Old Schoolhouse (you only get 4 of these a year - and you will want to keep these for years as a great homeschooling resource!), Rachel Ray (read them, then cut out recipes that sound good, and throw the magazine out), and Scrapbooks ETC. I usually keep these for a year, them throw them out.
All of the others, I would toss.
Then as you get them in the mail - READ THEM! :) Then toss or keep.
Post a Comment