Monday, June 16, 2008

Imperfectly Beautiful


The Nesting Place is hosting an Imperfectly Beautiful Extravaganza. Check it out! Here's my contribution: BFG and Rhett are taking a break from the thing they do that drives me absolutely crazy--Wrestling Moves! It is so dangerous and yes, she's been slightly hurt before. But she absolutely loves it! She's always ushering me out of the room because she knows she gets to do wilder moves if I'm not in there. Last night as I sat out on the deck and could hear BFG's screams of pure fun, I knew that this was a beautiful moment. I'm so thankful to the Lord that I have a healthy beautiful daughter and a wonderful, loving husband who is a great father. Think about all the children in the world who would give anything to have time like this with their fathers. Then, I noticed other imperfectly beautiful things in the picture like our church clothes strewn over the bed (Isn't it great we are free to worship? and I'm so grateful I have a husband who believes in getting his family to church every Sunday.), the stack of homeschool books on the dresser that I haven't had time to peruse yet (I'm so grateful that I have the option of staying home and homeschooling.), and a laid-back hubby who doesn't care that he is wearing swim trunks because he couldn't find any other shorts (Trust me, his shorts are right where they should be in his drawers. I don't really know what happened to him. But the point is he's not one to care or even mention it to me.) So, there you have it, a little snippet into my fabulously beautiful, yet crazily imperfect life.
Note: For those of you popping over to check out my Muffin Tin Monday, I'll do my best to post it after lunch during BFG's naptime. I can't wait!
Have an imperfectly beautiful day!
Mama Said

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your cabinet makeover... I couldnt help to take a peek... Susie H

Darla said...

Lounging in bed...I think we have a few of those type pics.

The Nester said...

I love how for every imperfect thing--you saw it as a blessing and were thankful for it! Now that is beautiful!

Thank you for encouraging ME!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

The cabinet makeover is adorable!

Mama Said said...

Thank you for all the compliments on the curtains!

Sissy said...

I love a day spent in bed. It is such a luxury!

Bonita said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

 

Made by Lena