I tell you what, that BFG is always into something. The other day, she and her cousin Curly Sue were digging in dirt, filling up buckets and what not. After Curly Sue went home, BFG just kept on playing and got really, really into. Squeezing her hands all in it, just an absolute mess. I was having my leisure time reading on the deck while watching her. She comes up holding out her mud-covered hands and says, "Mama, does this smell like poop?"
Me: "Oh, my gosh! It does smell like poop! No, wait! Maybe it just smells like 100 yr. old dirt. Yeah, that's it. It just smells like old dirt. Go ahead and keep playing." (Why I think our dirt is older than anyone else's is beyond me. I guess I think since the house is 100 yrs old than the dirt is too. But isn't all dirt old? This would take too many brain cells to figure out.)
A few minutes later, BFG was done playing and ready to wash up. Now, I scrubbed her grubby little hands just as hard as I could just in case I was wrong about the smell of 100 yr old dirt. The nail brush saw more action than it had since it had been formed in the factory. I got every speck out from under her nails including the speck that flew into my eye. Ew!
Later on, we were lounging on the deck again. (Boy, I sure do love that deck!) The bucket of dirt came up in conversation.
BFG: "Yep, Curly Sue told me it was poop."
Me (as my heart and stomach are turning insane somersaults): "WHAT? What do you mean? Did you put poop into your bucket?"
BFG: "Yep! With my shovel! Curly Sue said it was poop. I guess she was right!"
Uh, yeah. Great. Hunky-dory. Lovely. It is confirmed that the dirt that flew into my eye was indeed poop. With my luck, it probably had the eggs of the worms that invade your eyes and blind you.
I now have Curly Sue on high alert for any future situations that may occur. She is to come tattle IMMEDIATELY!
Days later, I still can't even bring myself to clean out the buckets and shovels. Yuck! I may just have to put Rhett on that.
Mentally hurling as I write,
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment