Well, there's something about my birthday that apparently attracts tornadoes.
Last year, it was the day after my birthday when my mother-on-law was taking me out to eat for my birthday and we got stuck at the Dollar General due to a tornado. It was pretty funny looking back at it, but not funny at all when it was happening! You can read about it here.
This year, there were major tornadoes in my county. It was a very scary day. I was getting ready to have an impromptu birthday party with Rhett, BFG, and my niece and nephew when the storms rolled in. So, we spent the afternoon in my sister's tornado shelter instead. That was an experience---3 adults, 3 kids, and 2 dogs with 4 of us needing to use the restroom! But I am just so thankful to the Lord that she has a tornado shelter! What a blessing to pile in there and know we were safe!
I am also thankful to the Lord that my parents are okay. Their neighborhood got hit very hard! They live kind of in the middle of the neighborhood and the tornado hit all around them! Very scary!
I just cannot imagine what all the tornado victims are going through! It has hurt my heart to see the news coverage. It is just so weird to know it got that close to my parents and to see the neighborhood I grew up in devastated. To know that my parents' friends' house got hit and the parents of friends me and my sis grew up with, it is just an indescribable feeling. There is this one area where a road dead ends into another near my parents---they keep showing it on the news and all the houses there are just flattened!
I haven't driven over there yet. I know I will cry. And that's the thing---it's not even my house! Can you imagine the horror the victims are going through? Please pray for them and our town as clean up continues and repairs are made.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment