Sunday, March 20, 2011

C-R-A-Z-Y Weekend!!!!

and I don't mean like whoo-hoo party crazy. Wish I did.

My uncle passed away Thursday after battling stomach cancer the past 6 months. I'm very sad about that. He was an awesome warrior for Christ. And although I am sad, I know he's in Heaven and I'll see him again.

But that led us to plan a weekend out of state for his funeral. However, our trip never happened.

At the same exact time, my dad and my sister went to the emergency room. Different hospitals, but literally at the same time.

My dad had been having alot of abdominal pain all week and the walk-in clinic said to get to the hospital. But his turned out to just be his ulcers (Praise the Lord!) probably due to the stress of his brother dying.

My sister, however, had appendicitis and had to have an emergency appendectomy in the middle of the night. And this is just a month after having her gall bladder removed. Makes you wonder, huh? Anyway, she is still in the hospital because she still has a fever and for some reason, her body is not coughing up stuff or something after having the tube down her throat. So, she's at risk for pneumonia. Is this not insane?

Blessedly, her mom-in-law is on spring break this week and can take care of my niece and nephews. We gave her a break this afternoon and kept them. Wow, 5 kids at once is a hoot! Esp. two babies.

Anyway, prayerfully, she's be out tomorrow.
Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena