So, Rocky has these weird red bumps on the top of each toe on his back paws. Even though they've been there for weeks, BFG and I make a mad dash to the vet the other morning to get'em checked out.
Now, Rocky is not the best car dog on the planet. But he was doing pretty good this round until he decided to put his front paws up in the back window and look out that way. Kind like sticking his whole upper half in the back window like he woulda got up there if he coulda.
BFG is strapped in her booster back there with him and she started telling him, "No, Rocky. Get down!" And being the genius I am, I said, "Oh, don't make him get down. He likes it. Isn't it so cute? At least he's not crying."
Okay, by the time we were done, I am sure BFG would have loved to hear him crying instead. Within two minutes of my famous last words, Rocky had scooted all the way over with his top half in the window and his bottom half on top of BFG!!!
Here's the exchange. But keep in mind, we are driving on a very curvy, pot-hole-filled, patched up, narrow, no-shoulder back road.
BFG: Aaaaaaaagh!!!!! GET OFF ME!!!!! Aaaaaagh!!!
Me (thinking): Oh my gosh! What is he doing? He's been neutered, but will he do anything? This is terrible! He is on top of her!
Me (daring to take my eyes off the road for seconds while making feeble attempts to get him down): Rocky, GET DOWN!
BFG: Aaaaaaagh! Aaaaaaaaagh! Don't put your we*nie on me!!!!! AAAAAAAAAGH!
ME: Oh my gosh!!!! What are we going to do?!?!?!?!?!? I can't get him off. I can't get him off!!! There's no where to pull over!!!
BFG(with her face smashed against the window in attempt to avoid him): Get him off me!!!
Me: Aaaaaagh!
(I can't even see her in the rearview mirror at this point because he is that big and on top of her.)
Finally, I made contact with his leash and yanked him like I have never yanked him before. He got down and never got back up there. I don't know what the heck he was doing. I don't think it was what I feared.
After it was over, Me: Oh, ha, ha, ha! Rocky wanted to sit in your lap, didn't he? And he was too big. Ha, ha, ha.
That made BFG feel better. It made me feel better when no body parts looking weird was mentioned or anything. And we got a laugh over it later. I'm sure we were a sight to see on that two-lane road. And it was by the grace of God that we did not see a single car on that road that whole way. Amazing.
Mama Said
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


1 comment:
Hilarious!
Post a Comment