Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Boo-boo Here and a Boo-boo There


Well, as normal, things are falling apart one by one around here.

Poor ol' Rocky-boy has hurt his back paw. I have no idea what is wrong with it. I think it happened when he jumped in the creek. But he is the limpin'-est (yes, that's a word 'round these parts) most pitiful little thing you ever did see! I really hope it gets better. 'Cause if I have to take him to the vet over it, I'm just gonna have him neutered at the same time. And then Rocky-boy will really be howling a sad tune. Sorry, boy. Betcha won't be jumpin' in the creek anymore, will ya?

Ya'll know Rhett's car has bit the dust and is in the shop. The guy we use fixes cars as a second job so sometimes it takes awhile, but the boy's prices are very worth it. Plus, Rhett can drive the beater truck around so it's really not that big of deal.

Well, believe it or not, on the way to have Rhett's second . . . uh-hum, er . . . "test" done, some lady hit us in my car! We were almost there too. Downtown in the big city. Turning left in a double left turn lane. My blinker was on. But the lady in the other turn lane for some reason thought I was going to go straight and she turned left into my lane bumping us in the process.

It's kind of funny when I think about it. I was turning . . .turning . . . look in the sideview mirror and see a white mustang coming straight at me . . . wait! what's happening here? . . . brrrd brrd brrrd . . . Dang!

Ya'll, I just let that woman go. We were downtown on a bridge over the interstate at lunch time with traffic backing up all around us, my bumper was scratched some but not dented and I don't think knocked out of alignment too bad if at all, our appointment was in 30 minutes, I knew without a doubt I would never get Rhett to come "test" a third time, and I knew we didn't have anymore extra vehicles lying around the farm, you can't file an insurance claim in our state without a police report and I was NOT waiting around for the cops.

I tell you what, a 9 yr. old, paid-for car can be a great blessing at times. It was so much more worth it to get Rhett to his appt and to not be without a car. And think about how I was able to bless that woman. And she was very sweet and very grateful. God is good, I tell ya.

Oh, my parents will be furious when they find out and they will. Even if I buff all the scratches off my bumper, my dad will notice immediately. That's what 30 years in insurance does to ya'. Oh, well. I am a grown-up now and can make my own decisions. I am a grown-up now and can make my own decisions. I am a grown-up now and can . . .
Mama Said

No comments:

 

Made by Lena