This was a big surprise for us this summer---Rocky turned out to be a girl! Just Kidding! Hee, hee! But his boy surgery turned out to be a lot bigger ordeal than we thought. When I made the appointment, the receptionist told me that it was totally non-invasive and he would be over it in two or three days and it cost $100.
So, imagine our surprise when we pick him up to the tune of $197 and instructions to confine him indoors for 10-14 days!!!
Talk about going nuts! I'm not sure who was more upset by all this--him or me? That cone around his neck absolutely drove me insane! He was like a pinball machine walking through the house. That thing was HUGE and he literally could not walk through the house. And he constantly banged into my legs. I spent days screaming, "I cannot take the cone!!! I cannot take the cone!!!"
And Rocky is a big dog and still a puppy. Ya' know what that means? He can get into lots and lots of trouble around the house. He can reach almost anything and one little tip of his nose and he has a free for all in the trash can.
Yup! A very, very long 10 days. Uh . . . we didn't make to 14 days. On day 10, baby, he was let loose. I could take absolutely no more. If there had been any complications, I guess we would have just had to board him at the vet. Let's put it this way, it would have been him or me---one of us would have been locked up! LOL!
Mama Said


No comments:
Post a Comment