Seriously, I wonder about myself. I think I could possibly be certified as an idiot.
Night before last, I heard our 100th mouse in the corner of our bedroom. Yes, the corner right by my head where we always hear the mice first, which stands to reason this may be where they are getting in but we have yet to do anything about it. The mouse was eating something very loudly in the wee hours of the morning but alas, it was not the poison packet lying under the dresser.
So, I get one of my fabulous ideas. I could tell the mouse had not found the kitchen yet. I suggested to Rhett that we put peanut butter on a fresh poison packet and put it right in the corner for the night last night and I'd make sure it was cleaned up before we let the dog out the next morning. I knew hearing it eat the poison would keep us up, but as long as it ate it we were golden. Ingenious, right?
At 1:30 in the morning when the nibbling started, I still thought I was extraordinarily smart. The mouse (or mice, I've heard they run in pairs) spent the whole night coming to the peanut-butter poison packet. I got almost zero sleep, but I didn't care. With every rustle and munch I heard, I knew their time was short and was filled with glee that my plan had worked! {Insert wicked laugh here.}
Fast forward to 6:00 am when Rhett was leaving for work, my plan failed! We checked the poison packet. Apparently, just a smear of peanut butter is enough for a mouse or two to party on all night long! They had licked up half the peanut butter and had not bitten into the poison at all! I stayed up all night for nothing listening to their peanut-butter-p*opin-party. Yeah, that's right. Just enough peanut butter to leave me plenty of pellets to clean up. Yay.
Sorry if there are typos in this. I'm pretty doggone tired! Stupid mice! I hate them! If I had one, I seriously would wear an "I Hate Mice!" t-shirt.
Mama Said
Note: Later, I did find where the mouse found our kitchen last night and ate an entire poison packet under the sink. I'm very, very grateful! I still stayed up for nothing and had even more "gifts" to clean up, but at least this one's taken care of!
How We Found Out Our Son Had Cancer...Again
6 years ago


1 comment:
Oh Honey! You're a strong woman! I would have been in a hotel a LONG time ago! Good Luck my friend.....whew! EWWWW!!!
Casi
Post a Comment